These vegan Oatmeal Raisin Cookies are chewy with crispy edges, and bursting with plump, juicy raisins and crunchy walnuts. If raisins are not your thing, you can substitute them with dried cranberries (or any dried fruit you like). You could even swap the dried fruit with chocolate chips.
Oatmeal Raisin Cookies
- 8 tablespoons vegan butter
- ⅓ cup brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 cups oats
- ¾ cups whole wheat flour
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt skip the salt if you are using salted butter
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ cup raisins
- ¼ cup walnuts
- Preheat oven to 350°F.Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Melt the butter. Add it to a large bowl.
- Add the sugar and maple syrup to the butter and mix until smooth.
- Mix in the remaining ingredients.
- Scoop about 2 tablespoons of dough and place on the baking sheet. (I use a small ice cream scoop). The cookies don't spread very much, so flatten them a bit before baking.
- Bake for 10 minutes. and allow to cool on the baking sheet.
You may also like: