This creamy, garlicy, vegan tzatziki dip is perfect for serving with seitan gyro wraps! It is made exactly like the traditional version, except with the dairy swapped out for some plant-based sour cream or yogurt.
Make sure to choose plain Greek style yogurt. If you opt for the yogurt, I don’t recommend coconut yogurt for this recipe unless you don’t mind the tzatziki having a coconut flavor. I always use oat yogurt, which I find to be much more neutral tasting.
- 1 cup plant-based sour cream or plain Greek style yogurt I don't recommend using coconut yogurt in this recipe
- ½ cup cucumber diced into small pieces
- 1 clove garlic finely minced
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon fresh dill finely chopped
- sea salt to taste
- Place all of the ingredients in a bowl and mix. Refrigerate until ready to serve.