Brace yourself for the grand unveiling of the ultimate vegan Bloody Mary recipe. We’re talking about a drink that’s bursting with so much flavor, it’ll make your taste buds do the tango. You can even skip the vodka and still enjoy a drink that’s just as delectable– slightly tamer but very still delicious. So go ahead, embrace your inner mixologist, and let the vegan Bloody Mary magic unfold!
Traditional Bloody Mary recipes call for Worcestershire Sauce, which contains anchovies and is not vegan. Simply swap it for some soy sauce.
Old Bay Seasoning is a blend of celery salt, red and black pepper, paprika and spices and adds a lot of flavor to the Bloody Marys. You can use celery salt if you don’t have Old Bay.
Not all vodka brands are vegan, so you have to check whatever vodka you plan to buy. We stumbled upon Peabody Jones Vodka, made by Woodinville Whisky Co., when we were living in Portland, OR. It’s a tasty, handmade, small batch vodka that’s also vegan.
Bloody Mary garnish ideas:
Go ahead and have a blast sprucing up your bloody Mary with some fancy garnishes!
- lemon wedges
- celery sticks
- cucumber wedges
- green beans
- Peruvian Roquito peppers
- large caper berries
- mustard flowers ( which taste like horseradish)
- cipollini or pickled onions
- cherry tomatoes
- herbs – dill, thyme, oregano, rosemary, basil
- 3 oz vodka
- 1 cup tomato juice
- 1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon prepared horseradish
- 1 teaspoon Old Bay Seasoning
- hot sauce to taste
- salt & ground black pepper to taste
- ice cubes
- Add all of the ingredients to a pitcher and stir.You can mix the ingredients and refrigerate overnight, or until ready to use.
- Place some ice into two glasses. Pour in the Bloody Mary mix, and embellish with your favorite garnish.