You won’t be able to resist these ultimate chocolate chunk cookies! These babies have crispy edges, a chewy middle, and oozing pools of melty chocolate. Yum!
This recipe is super easy and doesn’t need any fancy stuff. Just mix everything in a bowl, pop it in the oven for about 10 minutes, and boom! You’ve got yourself some warm, melty, chocolate chip cookies. Freshly baked goodness in no time!
I like to use chopped chocolate instead of chocolate chips in these cookies. The chocolate chunks come in all sizes – some big, some small – so you get a burst of chocolate in every single bite.
I like to use Trader Joe’s pound plus dark chocolate. It’s a good quality Belgian chocolate and it’s vegan.
That being said, though, these cookies are also fabulous made with chocolate chips.
I always use a small ice cream scoop (1 oz) to scoop out the cookie dough. That way, all my cookies come out looking super uniform. Oh, and here’s a little secret: I like to bake just as many as I want and freeze the rest of the dough balls. That way, whenever I want some chocolate chip cookies, I can just throw them in the oven and bam! Warm, fresh-out-of-the-oven choc chunk cookies anytime we crave them!
Chocolate Chunk Cookies
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- ⅓ cup brown sugar
- ⅓ cup organic cane sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- ¼ cup unsweetened plant based milk I used flax milk
- ½ cup neutral tasting oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup chopped vegan chocolate or chocolate chips
- ½ cup toasted walnuts optional
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Place the flour, sugars, baking powder, baking soda and salt to a large mixing bowl.
- Add the milk, oil and vanilla and stir together.
- Toss in the chopped chocolate, or chocolate chips, and walnuts (if using them), into the cookie dough and stir.
- Scoop 2 tablespoons of cookie dough on to the prepared cookie sheet, leaving room between the cookies so they can spread. You can also freeze the cookie balls and bake them as you need.
- Bake for 10 minutes. Cool on a wire rack.