Are you in search of a fresh side dish idea? Look no further! This delectable potato salad made with baby potatoes, seared over a grill, and tossed with a delightfully zesty, lemon mustard dressing. This baby potato salad is sure to jazz up your next meal!
Grilled Baby Potato Salad
- 1 pound baby potatoes
- ¼ cup olive oil plus more for brushing the potatoes
- 2 tablespoons mustard
- 1 clove garlic finely minced
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- salt & pepper to taste
- 1-2 teaspoons hot sauce optional
- 1 tablespoon mustard seeds for garnish
- cilantro for garnish
- Bring 2 quarts of water to a boil in a large saucepan. Place the potatoes in the boiling water and cook for about 15 minutes until the potatoes can be pierced with a fork, but are still firm, (you don't want them mushy).
- Remove the potatoes from the pot and allow then to sit until cool enough to handle.In the meantime get your grill ready.
- Cut the potatoes in half, brush them with some olive oil, and place them cut side down on a medium hot grill.
- Grill for about 5 minutes until golden brown.
- While the potatoes are cooking, add the olive oil, mustard, garlic, lemon juice and hot sauce in a large bowl.
- As soon as the potatoes are golden toss them in dressing while they are still hot, so they will absorb all that goodness.
- Season to taste with salt& pepper, and sprinkle with the cilantro and mustard seeds, (if using).