When classic Chocolate Chip Cookies collide with luscious almond toffee brittle, the result is these irresistible Almond Toffee Chunk Cookies. Brace yourself for a tantalizing experience as you take a bite. Feel the perfect balance between crispy edges and a chewy, gooey center, complemented by generous pools of melty chocolate and the delightful crunch of nutty, candy-like toffee woven throughout.
Back when we still had the bakery, I decided to experiment veganizing traditional honey almond toffee, by substituting the honey with dark and flavorful maple syrup. After conducting multiple trials, we found ourselves with copious amounts of the delectable, nutty confection on our hands. So, I decided to incorporate large chunks of the crisp almond toffee into our classic chocolate chunk cookie dough. Well, customers loved it and it became an instant hit!
For these cookies you will need one recipe Almond Toffee Crunch, but you will have leftovers. Not to worry, though, this brittle is amazing all by itself, or sprinkled over ice cream, brownies, cupcakes…anywhere you want to add that perfect nutty crunch.
Almond Toffee Chunk Cookies
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- ⅓ cup brown sugar
- ⅓ cup organic cane sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ cup unsweetened plant based milk I used flax milk
- ½ cup neutral tasting oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup chopped vegan chocolate or chocolate chips
- ½ cup almond toffee crunch
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Place the flour, sugars, baking powder, baking soda and salt to a large mixing bowl.
- Add the milk, oil and vanilla and stir together.
- Toss in the chopped chocolate, or chocolate chips, and almond toffee, into the cookie dough and stir.
- Scoop 2 tablespoons of cookie dough on to the prepared cookie sheet, leaving room between the cookies so they can spread. You can also freeze the cookie balls and bake them as you need.
- Bake for 10 minutes. Cool on a wire rack.