This vegan chili recipe is not only hearty, flavorful, and packed with plant-based protein, but it’s also incredibly easy to make. The combination of spices and herbs creates a rich and satisfying flavor that will keep you coming back for more.
This tasty and filling vegan chili is also a great option for meal prepping. It can be made in a large batch and enjoyed throughout the week. So why not give this plant-based delight a try? It’s sure to become a new favorite in your recipe collection.
We think you’ll love this, too!
The Best Vegan Chili
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large yellow onion diced
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1 jalapeno pepper seeded and diced
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 teaspoons tomato paste
- 1 28 oz crushed tomatoes
- 2 15.5 oz cans kidney or pinto beans drained
- In a large pot, heat the olive oil over medium heat. Add the diced onion, minced garlic, bell pepper, and jalapeno. Sauté until they become soft and fragrant.
- Add in the spices, salt & pepper to taste, and tomato paste and cook for another minute to release their flavors.
- Next, add the diced tomatoes and the drained and rinsed beans to the pot. Stir everything together and let it simmer for about 20-30 minutes. This will allow the flavors to meld together and the chili to thicken slightly.
- Once the chili has simmered to perfection, it's ready to be served. Ladle it into bowls and garnish with your favorite toppings, such as avocado slices, chopped cilantro, or a dollop of vegan sour cream.