These mouth-watering sweet potato nuggets are an absolute delight for your taste buds. Imagine sinking your teeth into a crispy outer layer that gives way to a velvety, melt-in-your-mouth creamy interior. It’s a texture combination that’s just irresistible!
Whether you’re looking for a delicious snack to satisfy your cravings or a delectable side dish to complement your main course, these nuggets are a winner. And the best part? They can be enjoyed in so many ways! Dip them in tangy ketchup for a classic touch, or explore a new realm of flavor by pairing them with our signature herby and garlicky Pio Pio Sauce.
So why wait? Give these delightful sweet potato nuggets a try and let your taste buds experience a burst of flavors and textures that will leave you craving more.
We think you’ll love this, too!
Crispy Sweet Potato Nuggets
- 1½ cups sweet potato about 2 medium sweet potatoes
- ¼ cup all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons thyme
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- salt & pepper to taste
- 1 cup panko breadcrumbs
- ¼ cup oil for frying
- * optional pio pio sauce for dipping
- Preheat the oven to 400℉.
- Slice the sweet potatoes in half horizontally. Place the potatoes cut side down, on a baking sheet.
- Bake the potatoes about 30 minutes, until tender. Remove form the oven and allow to sit until cool enough to handle.
- With a spoon, scoop out the sweet potato flesh. Measure out 1½ cups into a bowl.
- Add the flour, thyme, garlic powder, and salt & pepper to taste. Mix well.
- Heat the oil in a large skillet.
- The sweet potato mixture will be very soft and hard to shape. Using a spoon, scoop a bite sized amount of the mixture and place it in the breadcrumbs. Gently toss to coat. Once the nugget is coated in breadcrumbs it will be easier to shape.
- Carefully drop each little nugget into the oil. Fry until crispy, about 2-3 minutes per side.
- Remove from the pan and place on paper towels to drain.
- Serve hot with ketchup, or try our herby Pio Pio sauce.