Who ever said you couldn’t throw a mouthwatering BBQ party with just veggies? Let me introduce you to the star of the show: a Grilled Veggie Sandwich with Sundried Tomato Pesto that will blow your taste buds away! Picture this: layers of succulent grilled eggplant and zucchini slices, generously topped with a sundried tomato pesto and vegan provolone on toasted ciabatta rolls. Trust me, this beauty is a solid proof that you don’t need meat to have a seriously delicious BBQ experience. So, let’s fire up the grill and let the veggie feast begin!
Grilled Vegetable Sandwich with Sundried Tomato Pesto
- ¼ cup olive oil
- ½ teaspoon dried oregano
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground pepper
- 8 slices eggplant about ¼ inch thick
- 8 slices zucchini about ¼ inch thick
- 4 slices red onion
- 4 slices tomato
- 4 ciabatta rolls
- ½ cup sundried tomato pesto
- 4 slices vegan provolone I used Violife smoked provolone
- 1 cup greens, or microgreens
- Prepare grill, grill pan or broiler.
- Combine the olive oil, oregano, salt & pepper in a small bowl. Brush over the eggplant, zucchini and red onion slices.
- Grill (or broil) vegetables for 5 minutes per side until tender and browned.
- Cut the rolls in half and place them cut side down on the grill and cook for one minute until lightly toasted.
- Spread 1 tablespoon of sundried tomato pesto on each bread slice.
- Top four of the bread slices with one cheese slice, some of greens, 2 slices of eggplant, 2 slices zucchini, tomato, and red onion. Top with the second slice of the ciabatta roll.