This almond paste recipe is super quick and easy, and it only needs four simple ingredients. Plus, it’s sweetened with delicious maple syrup and totally free of eggs and dairy. Enjoy!
This recipe is simple to make, although it does require a powerful food processor or blender for the smoothest results.
If you don’t really care about your almond paste having a slightly darker color, then you can skip the step of skinning the almonds. Alternatively, you can use blanched almonds, almond meal, or almond flour (that’s what I personally used to make my almond paste).
You can swap out the almonds, meal, or flour with various kinds of nuts or nut flours, like pistachios, pecans, cashews, hazelnuts, and so on.
The consistency is pliable so you can easily use this almond paste to mold into shapes in place of traditional marzipan.
- Food processor
- 1 cup almond meal/flour or almonds
- 4-5 tablespoons maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons vegan butter
- ½ teaspoon almond paste
- Place the almond flour/almonds in the food processor.
- While the processor is running add 4 tablespoons maple syrup, vegan butter and almond extract. Continue to process until a smooth paste forms.If the paste is too dry, or you want it a bit sweeter, add an extra tablespoon maple syrup.
- Roll the almond paste into a log shape and wrap in wax, or parchment paper.Refrigerate until ready to use.